[001] Ben vs. Penryn88 [Done]

Everything battle-related can be found here.

Please vote for your winner!

Poll ended at Sat May 12, 2012 1:30 pm

Penryn88 (Coriandre)
17%
Ben (The Cyborg Necromancer)
83%

Total votes : 12

Re: [001] Ben vs. Penryn88 [Voting]

Postby penryn88 » Tue May 08, 2012 1:48 am

Lol awesome cycle Ben! Love the jokes and the layout! I know you pain. I couldn't do as much as I like either.... I guess, we'll just have to rematch... >_>
penryn88

Postby Five » Sat May 12, 2012 2:48 pm

Congratulations, Ben!
In this entry I really liked the good old cyan/orange and cyan/red combination. What impressed me most was the nice use of cables as gutters in the second page. I love all the details on those sweet cables.
Five
Jury Member

Character: Kensington, Nevada

Postby Einheit12 » Sat May 12, 2012 3:41 pm

Voting on this Battle is over!

Ben was awarded:
    30 Points (Victory)
    Achievements:
    Image First Blood (1)

= 1 Points (Achievements)
    Total earned: 31 Points
Einheit12
Jury Member

Character: Rosenthal & Abendstern

Re: [001] Ben vs. Penryn88 [Done]

Postby Spike » Wed May 16, 2012 3:02 am

I was waiting for both cycles to be posted before putting up some feedback...but I'm late in getting it done before voting (which I did vote still so that counts for something!)

Anyway. Feedback time.

Penryn - It's really too bad you didn't have the time to ink this and tighten up those word bubbles (as well as change that terrible font haha), because these pencils are rad. I think visually the style employed in this comic is perhaps the most visually pleasing when comparing it to past comics. You're definitely upping your game, it would have been really cool to see it all inked. It was cool to see some ties to previous stories as well.

Ben - Fantastic as always, but I don't really feel it was your best comic either. Visually it gets off to a great start, and page 2 is super amazing in terms of the way you set up the page. It didn't really feel out of place since it was all unified together with the pipes from that very bottom panel. The quality starts to dip once you get to the bottom of page 2 though, comparing the pipes at the bottom with the pipes at the top. There on in the pages don't quite get the same level of refinement as those first two pages, except for that one waterfall panel (which I love the colours you chose on that). Which I can understand, a week isn't a whole lot of time haha. All in all though your dialogue is as top notch too.

Good fight guys.
Spike

Character: Jack Kills

Previous

Return to Battlegrounds